Sunday, September 6, 2009

Feet

Who knew?

Seriously, who knew? I had no idea my (OK - this gets a little gross) toenails would try to come off once I started doing longer mileage. I hit my first 9 mile run (actually, 9.25 miles - go me!) yesterday and my second right toe started to swell and bulge. Not at all attractive. The toenail is literally trying to separate from the nailbed and the other 3 edges are all swollen and sore.

Icky - where was this note in my training materials? I have no guidelines in my running and nutrition info about toenails trying to leave my feet? I'm going to have to speak with someone about this. If the information is not in the training 411, the disaster shoudn't happen, right?

So, no running for me today. Nope. Instead, Team Runnermom went to Whales Tale Waterpark. Yup, the temperature hit a balmy 65 degrees in the North Country, but we're hardy New England stock. And we had to use our free passes before they expired tom'w.......

St. Charles Children's Home 5k tom'w - Race Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment