Sunday, April 24, 2011

The Season Begins!

Aaaaaand - Back in the saddle~Two weekends & two races dun.

4/10/11 - Red's Road Race (5 miler) through Dover to support the community. Beautiful weather, but I wish SwimGirl had had more fun. Starting the season on a 5 miler turned out to be a tough one. My Runnermom41 (egad.....who woulda thunk it!) self did well, running all winter at a decent trot paid off well.

4/23/11 - Whale of a 5k in the rain/sleet/snow. Yowza - "spring" in New England. The Whale of a 5k takes place at Ordiorne State Park as a fund-raiser for the Seacoast Science Center. The staff did a fabulous job dealing with all of the wet, hungry, smelly runner folk. SwimGirl had much more fun on the trail run, even in the nasty, slippery, mucky conditions; she finished in just over 26 minutes. I had a great run, finishing in 28:34 - HAPPY (!), especially since I gave my old bod permission to speed walk down the crazy slopes. I'm NOT going to wipe out and get a nutty injury this early in the season. Nopenopenope.

On a bright note, FirstGradeTeacher ran her first trail run in the "spring" weather. She did awesomely! Go FGT! You ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment