Tuesday, March 30, 2010

And still, the rain pours down

I'm reminded of a Hilary Duff song - "Let the rain fall down....."

I refuse to run outside in the rain for training. If the Weather Gawds decide to rain on my head on a race day, so be it. However, I see no need to train in the wet. I currently have 1 pair of getting-to-be decrepit running shoes which need to last me until we have a little spare cash (HAH!). I'm not going to finish killing what little bounce is left in my shoes with nasty, dirty, salty spring rain. Ick.

So, I'm relegated to the gym. I know some runners can't wait to get outside. Me, I can wait until the temperature climbs reliably into the 50's, the bulk of the winter "yech" has been washed from the sides of the local roadways, and perhaps, just perhaps, local road crews have patched some of the bigger potholes. I honestly don't have any real issues with a nice clean treadmill. Fans blow cool air into my face and nice music plays in the background. No nasty drivers yell at me or honk their horns. Having bathrooms in close proximity to my running area is also a plus for a woman who had children AFTER 30.

Monday - 6 1/4 in 60 minutes. Today - ArcTrainer day, gotta give those tired ol' IT bands and knees a break.

Tomorrow will be another running day.....6.3 here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment