Friday, August 14, 2009

Fabulous Friday

The kids are getting to be quite the little runners~

Myself and my fellow Runnermom took SwimGirl and SwimBoyN and SwimBoyC running for about 3.5 miles before the sun started blasting this morning. The kids only took 1 90 second drink break at about mile 2.75. Pretty impressive for 2 9-year olds and 1 11-year old. They finished the run in roughly 40 minutes. The moms were very pleased.

I clumped along merrily with SwimBoyN who is still a little slower than the other 2, but catching up quickly. I find out lots of info about "kid life" when conversations are not interrupted by phones, games, and MP3 players. I got told all about a new swimming pool and a really cool, scary dream experienced last night. Gotta love it.

Still gotta work up to my Runnermom friend, tho'. She kept pace with the 2 faster kids while pushing a jog stroller w/a 45 pound 6-year old riding in it. Yowza - I am not worthy....

No comments:

Post a Comment