Monday, August 10, 2009

The first Monday

I'm following a 13-week plan published by said local running outfit. Today was the first Monday of the plan, calling for a 2-4 mile run, outside.

Yah, Not Happenin'. The temp today popped up to 90 - have I mentioned my English/French/Irish complexion? I'd be the color of a cooked NE lobster today if outdoor escapades had taken place. So inside I went - thank heavens for gym memberships.

Feeling guilty for not having to run the hills of Seacoast NH, I did 5.7 miles on the treadmill, affectionately called "The Shredder" by another Runnermom. I figured the extra distance made up for not huffing and puffing up the disgusting, glacial deposits for which my home area is notoriously famous.

I now have seriously tight hamstrings since I did not take the time to stretch prior to or at the end of my slog. Oops. Therefore, the Spousal Unit is going to be good-naturedly giggling as I attempt to remedy the issue later by grunting and groaning as I try to touch my toes. Ain't gonna be pretty, folks.

Tuesday approacheth quickly.......

No comments:

Post a Comment