Sunday, August 9, 2009

So it begins...

So, I'm 39....

Yeah, yeah - I turn 40 in October. My goal is to run the Seacoast Half Marathon. Why? Because I need to prove to myself I can. I swam and rode bikes, but those are life skills every human should have. Now, I need to get my body out on the open road.

My dad was kinda "old school". In theory, sports for girls were great and to be encouraged. He cheered all his students during sporting events. He was uncertain about sports for me, probably because of the thick, "Coke bottle bottom" glasses I wore. He and my mother were, and still are, protective of their only chick.

However, since the advent of toric contact lenses, I can see much better. However, don't ask me to participate in any sport involving catching or hitting a ball. Ain't happenin'.

The purpose of this blog is to recount my journey up to and past the 11/8/09 running of the Seacoast Half Marathon. If I publish, I'll have NO excuse for not gittin' it dun.

Official Day 1:
I did a big run for me - 6 miles - yesterday. So today I ran 3.25. Tomorrow, my other Runnermom and I are taking a passel of kiddos running in the pm. S/b fun - love watching the little beasties go!

No comments:

Post a Comment