Thursday, August 13, 2009

Onward

I needed to run today, but after SwimGirl's big double run yesterday, I didn't want to make her run. Ya know, wee ones should only run so much. So, even tho' the weather ended up being cooperative (sunny, dry, and not overly warm), we hit the gym.

SwimGirl was quite content to play in the 8-14 zone (can you say Wii and EyeToy?), so I went on over to the cardio room. I ran for 60 minutes and put in 6.26 miles. The 2 minute cool down SO counts. At the suggestion of my Runnermom friend who coordinates charity 5ks, I added an incline for the last 5 minutes of my full out run. So I felt virtuous about having 2 bowls of cereal and a slice of cheese for dinner.

Seriously, do you want to cook after running and unloading cases of library books all day?

I actually did remember to stretch out a bit after the run. However, my not-quite-40-year-old knees are screaming when I curl up in a chair to work on my classwork. Silly knees.....

Tom'w = light run w/SwimGirl and her compadres.

No comments:

Post a Comment